Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sullivan's Island


Book bag rating: Quick, easy beach read.

I love the beach! My reading choices this summer just confirm how much I love the beach. Sullivan's Island is another beach story and happily there is a sequel and many more books about the low country. This story follows Susan and her family from dysfunctional childhood wrought with an abusive father, overwhelmed and over-medicated mother, possible murder, racism and of course the loving housekeeper through her adulthood which includes marriage, raising a daughter, infidelity, divorce, dating, acceptance and happiness. The anchor for the story is the Island Gamble, Susan's childhood home on Sullivan's Island. No matter what happens her home and the beach are always there. This is a quick read. It is perfect for summer. I haven't started the sequel yet but I'm looking forward to going back to the beach soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment