Saturday, January 7, 2012

10 Beach Road


This time of year I always long for ocean breezes and the beach so I will always look for a "beach read." I really enjoyed this and I must admit it made me long for a frozen drink and cheese doodles on the beach which was a staple for the characters in the book.

The story was a little silly but nevertheless I liked it. Three women, a recently spurned HGTV type home show host, a high powered matchmaker and the sister of a million dollar con artist. The three women are thrown together after they lose everything in a ponzi scheme and find out all they have left is a share of dilapidated Florida mansion on the water. The three decide the best course of action is to rennovate, sell and try to move on with their lives. During the rennovation you can imagine, secrets are revealed, feelings are hurt and friendships are born.

The ending is very predictable but it made me happy. If you are in the mood for something beachy and light this was fun and enjoyable.

1 comment: