Saturday, July 23, 2011

Ravenous



I so wanted to love this book, but I didn't. In fact I stopped reading at 69% (according to my Kindle) which is rare for me. My OCD usually won't let me not finish. This is a journal written by a woman who has an obsession with food-I can relate (LOL). So she decides to try to demistify her favorite foods by learning all she can about them. She hopes by doing this she will overcome her obsessive eating habits. It started out well enough. She reminices about her childhood; bakes bread, eats chocolate, cooks from the land, etc., but then she decides it is a good idea to go to a slaughterhouse. That is where I decided to make my exit. I am all for the humane treatment of animals and I suppose you could call me a hypocrite but I can't know how the animals are killed. Awful, I know.... To me the book had already become quite boring any way. After the first few chapters it was the same thing with a different food. There were a few interesting recipes scattered throughout but not nearly enough for me to recommend the book. Liquid chocolate sounds very yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment